So it's begun. A new dawn, a new journey. Scared at first, I wasn't sure if I should commit to any kind of project, especially one that I was going to be held accountable for publicly, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and took a leap of faith. In myself. I have to admit, I am still nervous about this whole process but not because I don't have faith in myself, more so, the lack of faith in my actions. I have started so many endeavors of self-improvement, proclaiming year after year that it was going to be "my year" only to fail, quit, give up somewhere along the process. I would devastate myself by giving up on the one person that needs my love the most...me. How could I expect to give my love freely if I was so easy to give up on myself? Needless to say, I have felt compelled to begin a year of healing. I won't be giving up this time. I need to be my biggest fan. I need to love myself not for what I look like to the outward eyes that view me but for the way I shine inside. And instead of sabotaging myself yet again, I am going to embrace all of me and nurture my creative soul. I have muted my muse for far too long. It is time I celebrate the beauty that she is and yes, she is extraordinarily beautiful.
When I came across Jamie's posts while she was in the midst of "Soul Coaching," there was a flicker of light being babied inside of me. I felt the flames of change and I knew it was time to surrender, to take a hold of my life again. So she announced that she would lead The Next Chapter: 12 Steps of Highly Creative Women, I knew I had to join. I knew I was going to be living my life motto of "Inspire & Be Inspired"...living an inspired life. Wow! How empowering is that?
There was a sentence in the book that reached out and grabbed me and said LISTEN,
"We continue to be stifled by a host of factors that cause us to sensor our inner voices and follow someone else's dream."Ahhh! So true. I have allowed myself to be punished by my past; thinking all the time that I am unworthy and feeling increasingly small in a world of people that were not like me. I was/am different. Instead of embracing the unique qualities that I possess, I continued to berate myself for being so on the outside. Well it is time to stop sitting on the sidelines of life. I will not allow myself to feel or be insignificant. I will break through and let my creative muse be free to create magic without abandon, to revel in the beauty within while outwardly expressing what my soul feels. I will listen to my artistic voice and become my authentic self, which is a burst of beautiful ordinary. I will allow compassion and passion to lead me to paint my story in the medium in which my authentic self shines.
My creative self has not yet reached its potential. I am going to live out loud, dare to let go of any inhibitions and fill a void with grace. I'm ready to engage in life, creatively, spiritually and blissfully. Giving up on me is not an option. I will heal. I will soar. I will bleed inspiration. I will encourage my heart's desires to be met. I will breathe in life as I see it and feel it. I want to believe in myself, my photography, my art, my writing and let each of those gifts be opened with the intentions of accepting who I am and what I create to be good enough. I will create a retreat that feeds my soul within my place of comfort and safety, my home. I will cultivate my life and trust my creative muse as she guides me on this new journey of creating the life that fills my soul with joy. I will find my BLISS. I will BE PRESENT. I will BE BLESSED. I will just BE.
In closing, I would like to leave you with this quote that touched me as I read it in the book:
In the sacred traditions, the first thing you do in the morning is ask for blessings from the four elements: earth, air, fire and water. Because all of the work that you are going to do that day will change the universe. ~Laura Esquivel
8 comments:
What a manifesto! Fill as void with grace, bleed inspiration, be a burst of beautiful ordinary... Beautiful ideas beautifully put. You're going to be a powerhouse on this journey with a start like this!
You are not alone. May of us have been trained to doubt our actions, our instincts, to second guess ourselves, to diminish our accomplishments.
What a wonderful way to break free!
May you be completely present when you live your bliss!
Blessed be :)
tricia, i found myself nodding in shared understanding with SO much of what you wrote at the beginning of this post.
but there is power behind your declaration and i sense your intention is strong. i look forward to sharing this journey with you.
I LOVE the look of your blog!! I have to also say I can totally relate to your post here!
If you are going to be your own #1 fan, can I be #2? :) xo Linda
Here's to healing, inspiration, creativity and unlimited potential-- may you find all this and more on your 12 Secrets journey!
amazing, amazing, so powerful!
what a womanifesto indeed!
I look forward to sharing your journey in the next 12 weeks!
Continue to shine bright!
Yes, yes, yes!! I just wanted to cheer as the energy just grew and grew in your post, like it couldn't be contained any more!! It's time to break out! No more sidelines for you, sister. It's time to dance.
Post a Comment