June 27, 2009

wreckage ~ week 4

Not much to say today.

Can you believe that I did not wreck at all this week? Life was really busy and I just didn't make the time for my creative self to come out and play. And I am having just a wee bit of trouble with letting go of trying to be a little clean with my wrecking. I know I need to get passed the "why are you destroying this book that is full of your thoughts/creations?" in order to keep wrecking. I noticed on other blogs that the books are all tattered and torn and really really wrecked. Uh, mine still looks fairly new. Such a shame that I hold onto some sort of idea that I can't shake. I will though. I know it! There is so much inspiration out there for me that I know I will be able to get ugly with my book and...*gulp*...destroy it.

But....seriously...what about all the pretty creations inside it? They'll all be ruined. That's the point though, right?

Here's to more insane wrecking in the upcoming weeks!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that you might be surprised what happens to "the pretty creations" when you try something unexpected - some may get totally ruined, and some may become better by chance. But hey, I am no one to tell you, it took me three weeks to pick the book up at all!

If you do decide to "wreck" maybe you could start small and see how it feels. That way you won't give yourself heart failure!

ANd pretty is good too - at least you are creating, which is the whole point (I think)

Leana said...

I know exactly how you are feeling! My creations were never as pretty as the ones you have posted, but comparisons aside, when you take that leap and allow things to be "ruined" I think you will be very surprised at how it makes you feel. My journal and creations took on a whole new level of wreckage this week that I hadn't been ready for until now and it was so liberating. So do it...let go and see what comes out of it!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I think one of the ideas behind this wreckage is that you can create more - you will be able to make something else. Even the great masters painted over their own painted canvases. Buildings that get torn down are salvaged first. Beautiful things like wood floors and door knobs are used in new places. You might find that some of your wrecked creations can be used elsewhere in other creations. Or they might just be an inspiration for something bigger and better because you were allowed to let go and create knowing it wasn't going to last.

Or I might be totally off the mark :)

I hope you get some creative time this week.

judipatootie said...

yep, thats the answer more is more

keep on wrecking

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Don't worry -- nobody says your wreckeraging has to be perfectly wrecky!!! It's ok to do it badly or even not at all. Just, try to have fun with it!! Wreck ON!!!