June 19, 2009

wreckage~ week 3

This week was hard for me because I was not feeling well both physically (hello mother nature) and emotionally. Well, of course, with mother nature making herself known, emotions are sure to be out of whack.

And out of sorts was I.

But sometimes being so unbalanced is a great jumping off point to spark creative energy. While I would not call these next set of pages any real works of art, they truly did capsulize the emotive week I have had this time around.

Through all the ups and downs of emotions...my husband was right there and because of that.. I believe:


Some of my favorite four letter words!!


Funny. This one. Who knew I grabbed some pens that do not smear that well? Ha!


Crazy. Whack-a-do day. Sigh. Not creative in the least. I wanted to do a masterpiece of fun but simplistic, unoriginal, normal is all that came out. Can't win them all, I suppose.


Lastly, I had a bottle of nailpolish on my desk, so I mindlessly let it drip and was pleasantly surprised when I opened the book. I immediately saw a little butterfly. Aww..Nice way to end the week, on a bright note. Soar, she says. Soar!

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Love the pastel colors in your journal. She looks so whimsical, especially the butterfly! :)Hope you're feeling better :)

Sherri said...

Your honesty in this post is amazing. Reading it I felt like I was reading about my own emotional state this week. It looks like some wonderful wrecking came out of it. I particularly like your write backward page.

Also, the song Dream was playing when I came to your site. What a beautiful song! Thank you for introducing me to Priscilla Ahn. Going to check out her music now.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I really like your four letter word page and I'm loving the Cake! What a neat idea. My pens didn't smear either, yet my hands are full of ink smudges LOL

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

As far as wrecking goes, it looks like you're doing just fine. Give yourself a couple more days and this won't look so poorly to you. Blame it on the hormones!

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Looks like a whole lotta energy on that color outside the lines page -- thanks for showing the pages you like ok and the ones you kinda dislike, too.