So today begins a new creative journey. Our inet book club: The Next Chapter with Jamie Ridler is delving into "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith. I am beyond excited for this summer project as I have had it on my Amazon wishlist forever and a day! When the box arrived in the mail, I opened it like a little girl on Christmas morning. Once the book was in my hands, I got this smile on my face that started somewhere deep inside! It is going to be great fun and a much needed source of creative energy.I have been going through some very personal struggles lately and I know this is the is going to be one of those projects that help me forget about those struggles for even a moment. I have to admit, that I was almost too embarrassed to sign up for the next chapter because I failed miserably at the last chapter. Something happened that made me miss posting one time and that one time led to me not finishing the project. But I had to forgive myself for that and just enjoy what I did get out of participating in the chapters that I did. So here I am. I am going to need your support, my fellow club sisters. I surrender to the fact that in this journal, I truly might need some pushes along the way. But I know I cannot wait to jump inside the book and begin this fun project. Too bad we all couldn't meet somewhere together, aside from the internet, to do this project but I will take it!
Here's to new friendships and getting MESSY!!!!
13 comments:
Life can be tough and messy. This shall be a FUN way to get through those hectic times. Looking forward to getting "wrecked" with you.
Cheering for you. :D Have fun!
hey sweetie -- I also have a thought that gets me through when I'm close to hitting the panic button -- here it goes: In a 100 years will it matter?
Here's to getting the book royally wrecked!!!
Same thing happened to me. I also was not able to complete the last challenge/book...but this one really excites me too! I think the idea of having "assignments" ..specific things to do will help me out. I am good at handling that!
The great thing about this is there is no chapter order, no required amount to be done or read. It's all deliciously at our own pace! I had trouble with the last chapter too. But this is going to be FUN! :)
Tricia, it's so wonderful to see you again! I'm thrilled you're on the adventure. There's no such thing as failing with this book club - You were there for the right leg of the journey for you, and now you're back. Yay!
I hope there's a lot more of those little girl moments as you Wreck this Journal! Let's have some fun :)
The beauty of this book is that we are in it together and as Leah said, there is no right or wrong.
So glad you have joined.
Let the fun begin!
I'm so glad you are part of this adventure. I think you'll have a lot of supporters, including me.
go at your own pace!
bring on the little girl aspects and enjoy yourself-that's what this is for....
wah hoo!
I'm glad to hear that you didn't let the challenge with the last book keep you from participating in this one. There are no mistakes and you cannot get it wrong. Take it at your own pace and enjoy the journey!
looking forward to seeing how you "wreck" :)
you can do it girl!!
Post a Comment